Hunting and Trapping Public Input Period
This Public Input Period Is Now Closed
VDGIF is seeking your input on potential changes to hunting and trapping regulations for the 2015-2016 seasons. We are asking for more than just a simple statement of your proposed change so that we can better understand the issue. We ask the public to inform us of values and concerns regarding hunting or trapping, or what should be accomplished. From this information, VDGIF staff can better determine a course of action, or how we can best address these issues.
In developing staff regulation recommendations we follow the following guiding principles:
- Consider the Resource first
- Utilize the best science in decision making
- Achieve population objectives where appropriate
- Consider the biological, sociological, economical, political and enforcement impacts
- Maximize hunting recreation
- Equitable distribution of recreation
- Simplify regulations where possible
Your input is important to our process. Each recommendation will be considered and, if you provide an email address, you will be contacted with information on the recommendations the staff will be moving forward.